BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Application Developer II
Lake Forest, IL
3 month contract to hire
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
• Intermediate level programming skills in Microsoft .NET Technologies like C#, ASP.NET, LINQ, XML,Web services
• Understanding and experience in using source code configuration management (TFS).
• Understanding of relational database design and theory and experience in MS SQL 2008 and higher. Should be write stored procedures, triggers and functions using T-SQL
• Understanding of typical use cases and benefits for typical design approaches such as client/server, SOA, etc.
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented Design concepts
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• May participate in project planning processes.
• May identify technical requirements.
• May create technical design specifications and assists in sizing technical requirements.
• Codes applications using a disciplined development process.
• Integrates solutions with other applications and platforms outside the framework.
• Develops, executes, and documents unit test plans.
• Supports and/or executes testing efforts across the life cycle.
• Adheres to standards and procedures.
• Reviews modules for quality assurance.
• Checks for compliance with all standards, policies and procedures.
• Supports and participates in the software deployment process for new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
• Makes modules production-ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
• Creates release notes, deployment plans, etc)
• Executes branching and merging strategies.
• Validates deployments.
• Provides ongoing maintenance of applications.
• May assist in production support.
• May troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions
• May evaluate existing applications and platform and provides recommendations for improving application performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
• May perform automated/load tests and address any issues.
• Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results.
• Assists in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems.
• May participate in the evaluation of new application packages and tools and perform research on best practices.
• May provide recommendations for the solutions.
• Provides technical coaching and mentoring to less-experienced team members.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor's degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field. Or equivalent work experience. Typically requires 3-8 years of programming experience. Requires programming experience with mid to advanced level application development. Experience in development and support of applications in pharmaceutical domain is desired. Any experience in label printing and RFID technology is a plus.
Application Development *: 3 Yrs.
Detail Orientation *: 3 (Moderately Strong) of 5 (Expert)
Organization *: 3 (Moderately Strong) of 5 (Expert)
Prioritization *: 3 (Moderately Strong) of 5 (Expert)
Problem Solving *: 3 (Moderately Strong) of 5 (Expert)
Strategic Thinking *: 2 (Limited Experience) of 5 (Expert)
Written Skills *: 3 (Moderately Strong) of 5 (Expert)
SQL *: 0 Yrs.
Microsoft Office *: 0 Yrs.
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.