- This position will play a key role in the continued development and maintenance of Verizons internally developed responsive framework, known as VZRF.
- In addition the candidate will be expected to be able to take a design flow (high fidelity wireframes) in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Sketch format (or similar design software), and translate them into working prototypes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills will be needed, as this candidate will be expected work with developers and business partners across multiple departments, and with off-shore teams.
- Seamless communication between the UX Designers, back-end developers on other teams, and various project managers and business partners can also be expected.
- Must also be able to author clear, precise, and easy to consume documentation with regards to code and team standards.
• Perform as contributor in development and Support of a responsive front-end framework (VZRF)
• Participate in peer discussions on architecture and overall direction of a project as it relates to front-end development and use of VZRF.
• Skillfully and gracefully communicate with other departments to enforce proper integration of the User Experience.
• Regularly participate and assist with code reviews
• Ensures compliance with existing Verizon guidelines and standards by working with Brand Standards group and related 3rd party agencies.
• Resolves complex technical issues and drives innovation
• You must be a self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience and a desire for professional excellence
• Fast learner who loves learning something new and figuring out ways to appropriately use and reuse via adaption of new team standards and team training.
Minimum Technical skills:
• Proven experience building and shipping professional enterprise software
• CSS Preprocessors (especially Sass)
• Use of source code management, especially GIT
• General Knowledge of Content Management Systems
• Basic understanding of the Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC)
• Love of Node.js
• Familiar with Gulp, Grunt, or similar task runner.
• Proven experience in using D3.js to implement custom and highly creative data visualizations.
• History of implementing WCAG 2.0 Level AA Accessibility guidelines.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
Is the Candidate Pre-Identified?: Is the Candidate Pre-Identified?
Does this position require driving on behalf of Verizon?: Does this position require driving on behalf of Verizon? No