BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Customer Support Engineer
GDH Consulting is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to work onsite in San Jose, CA.
Role & Responsibilities
The Customer Support Engineer is the connection to customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues, managing expectations, and leaving the customer feeling valued. The successful CSE:
- Continually develops their working knowledge of networking products and protocols to provide second/third level technical support on a worldwide basis via phone, email, web and remote access in designated technology focus area
- Effectively utilizes databases of existing issues, debugging tools and simple or moderate lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction
- Shares knowledge to build relationships, and effectively troubleshoots problems both alone and as part of a team.
- CCNA or equivalent level of demonstrated networking knowledge or experience including TCP/IP and Routing Protocols
- Troubleshooting experience with Operating Systems: VMware, Linux, Microsoft
- Commitment and ability to resolve complex technical problems, multitask, and be dedicated to customer success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Innate crisis management skills and ability to handle critical customer issues/problems
- Experience interacting with customers/partners or in a client facing role.
- BS in a technical field (CS/EE preferred) or equivalent; 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Programming skills (Python, Linux, Shell Scripting)
- Troubleshooting experience using wireshark, tcpdump, finisar or other protocol analyzers
- Specific knowledge of products within: Data Center (UCS/Nexus), Virtualization, Storage, Networking
- Cisco Certifications: CCNP/CCIE DC, VCP-DCV, RedHat, MCSE, AWS, HP, IBM, Dell Server Support certifications
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.