Electrical Designer III
Responsible for all aspects of a safe electrical design and installation on a given project. Responsibilities would include signal wiring as well as power and grounding.
Specific role tasks include; designing, drafting, checking, BOMs, change management, part specification, drawing revision records, compliance to APCI standards, standard design creation and reuse and document control.
Contractor will gather information from multiple sources including other disciplines, vendors, engineers, reference drawings and catalogs to produce complete functional, accurate and constructible design packages.
Individual must have good interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
This is a technical position and requires basic knowledge of electricity.
The contractor will need a working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NFPA 70), National Electric Safety Code (NFPA 70E), Nema standards, and some IEC symbology.
Position requires computer/CAD skills which include:
• The ability to utilize the corporate computing environment, in a responsible manner, to create, store and retrieve project data on a local and global basis.
• Understand the structure of the network in order to connect to different servers for the purpose of transferring files to and from other groups and disciplines.
• Is aware of corporate computing security requirements and adheres to them.
• Utilize the PC's and corporate operating system to access and use the various software packages including Word, Excel, MS Mail (Outlook), MicroStation, MicroStationV7-V8, MicroStation Reprographics, SmartPlant 3D, AutoCad etc., and to input to customized programs, spreadsheets, training databases and project management software. (Note, Proficiency in MicroStationV7-V8 is required. Proficiency in SmartPlant 3D and other SmartPlant tools is a plus.)
Contractor shall create and design a complete construction or build package meeting the requirements of a project scope document, P&ID, load list, and/or shut down table. Contractor needs to assure all designs meet all safety, process, code requirements, corporate standards and possibly customer requirements.
Contractor may need to develop labor estimates, schedules, attend meetings and manage other design resources as required.
Contractor will be required to travel to field locations and provide technical services for field activities related to construction, equipment installation, plant modifications or electrical design issues.
Packages will include;
• Plant grounding and lightning protection.
• Control room, Power Distribution Center/building (PDC), analyzer, and loading building layout and design.
• Single lines and power distribution.
• Cable sizing for medium and low voltage.
• Cable tray layout and sizing for medium, low voltage, and instrumentation.
• Field inspection of plant sites and equipment.
• 24VDC schematics for power, control and shutdown circuits. 120VAC schematics for power and control.
• DCS panel, PLC panel, junction box, and control layout and schematics.
• Design of communication systems using, fiber optic cables, profibus, Ethernet, or M-net.
• AC and DC interconnects as well as conduit and cable schedules for same.
• Instrument loop diagrams as required using ISA figures 1 thru 6.
• Safe installation of vendor supplied systems such as security and water treatment.
• Specification of low voltage transformers and distribution boards.
• Plant lighting and receptacle layout and design.
• Heat tracing distribution and layout.
Essential Ability to develop Electrical Schematics and Single lines from P&IDs and Load Lists
Preferred SmartPlant 3D, SmartPlant Instrument
Microstation V7/V8 or AutoCAD electrical design competency