BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Sr. Systems Administrator
Title: Sr. Systems Administrator
Location: Oakton, VA
Duration: 12+ Months
The IDC Systems Administrator’s primary role will be supporting the TNET virtualization and storage environments in a hybrid team environment that includes subject-matter-expertise and leadership for long-term project based and life cycle management/managed services work.
This role requires strong leadership, polished communications and consultative skills, and senior level knowledge and expertise for the following 3 technologies in order of priority – 1) VMWare vSphere Administration 2) Linux Administration 3) Windows Administration.
The scope of technologies includes VMware vCenter 5.5/6.5, ESXi 5.5/6.5, Dell Server Hardware, Red Hat Linux, Microsoft Windows.
The Administrator will act as a subject matter expert by configuring and managing the virtualized environment in the data center. The Administrator should be familiar with configuring and attaching storage to UNIX and Windows hosts. The Administrator will also play a key role in the design engineering, operational support and maintenance of the VMware environment.
- VMWare vSAN Storage
- Support VMware vSphere 5.5/6.5 environment.
- Administer storage pools and storage policies for virtual environment and physical servers
- Carefully follows and employs change control procedures
- Provides support for 24x7 customer-facing systems (shared responsibility)
- Participate in On-Call rotation to support, Windows, Linux, and VMware related issues after-hours and weekends
- 3 technologies in order of priority – 1) VMWare vSphere Administration 2) Linux Administration 3) Windows Administration.
- Understand Storage IO requirements to determine workload placement on storage arrays
- Understanding of physical server hardware, processors, and memory types.
- vSphere, Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2 administration and implementation using both local and SAN attached storage
- vSphere, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5-7 administration and implementation using both local and SAN attached storage
- Understanding of RAID levels
- vSphere 5.x administration and troubleshooting including Datastore Clusters, HA, DRS, and Distributed Switches.
- Ability to document installation procedures and create high level diagrams using Visio
- Strong customer service skills with high level of professionalism
- Good understanding of ITIL processes for Change Management and Service Desk
- Must be able to work well with people and different personalities in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to be self-directed.
- Knowledge of Splunk a plus!
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.