BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
Splunk Enterprise Security Administrator
Job Title: Splunk Enterprise Security Administrator
Location: Washington D.C.
Duration: 12+ Months
GDH is seeking a Splunk ES Administrator to work on-site with a Federal client in Washington D.C.
- Splunk System Administrator SME; multiple years of strong, hands-on admin and configuration
- Computer Networking proficiency
- Internet/Web technology proficiency
- Scripting/coding experience is preferred
- ES concepts
- Security monitoring and Incident investigation
- Assets and identities
- Detecting known types of threats
- Monitoring for new types of threats
- Using analytical tools
- Analyze user behavior for insider threats
- Use risk analysis and threat intelligence tools
- Use protocol intelligence and live stream data
- Use investigation timelines and journal tools
- Build glass tables to display security status
Splunk Specific Skills:
- Expert hands-on experience with Enterprise Security Administration module, not just as a power user. Very important requirement.
- knowledge of scripting, including Python and PowerShell, and regex.
- Experience in developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted towards an information security, IT operations or business context.
- Capable of evaluating log sources for valuable data in an information security, IT operations or business context.
- Experience in developing Splunk ES correlation searches or experience working with ES.
- In-depth experience with general IT security concepts, network security and monitoring practices/methodologies
Advanced knowledge about Splunk architecture and various components (indexer, forwarder, search heads, deployment server), Heavy and Universal forwarders.
- Work with the data owner to develop visualizations and activity based on identified use cases.
Experience working with large datasets to generate insights by using Splunk at scale.
- Certified Splunk Enterprise Security Admin highly preferred.
BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS
GDH Consulting, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or any other category protected by
law. In addition to federal law requirements, GDH Consulting, Inc. complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which
the company has facilities and/or employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions
of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.