IT Production Controller
• Monitoring batch job execution using BMC's Control-M software. When batch jobs fail, the Production
Controller performs the initial investigation of the cause and then takes appropriate action per the job instructions.
This often involves notifying the appropriate programmer/analyst per callout instructions.
• Handling special requests ("manuals") from programmer/analysts to run, cancel or rerun batch jobs.
• Proactively monitoring the production environment and notifying the appropriate support staff and customers when
problems arise that might adversely impact completion of that day's scheduled jobs.
• Production Control is staffed on all weekends and holidays. 7 X 24 X 365
• Must expect to work nights and or weekends
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Ability to work a non-rotating shift schedule
• Must be extremely detail oriented and work very accurately
• Must be customer oriented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A working knowledge of basic PC skills (e.g. email, word processing, spreadsheets)
• Knowledge of Control-M
• Associates Degree or higher
• 3+ years’ experience within Information Technology
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work well within a team environment
• Ability to work with all support levels in an organization
• Self-directed, self-starting and capable of independent problem solving
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze problems
• Ability to multi-task and work well in a crisis mode
• Ability to handle high volume work load and time constraints
• Strong time management/organization skills
• Familiarity with ServiceNow software a plus.