Client's business problem to solve:
Migrate and modernize 15 suits of applications to use Glassfish 4, Angualr 5 and DevOps stack
The scrum certified Program Manager / Sr Project manager will be responsible for executing java based modernization program covering 15 applications. This responsibility includes, coordination between different stake holders - vendors and different practices. This role involves the estimating, planning, execution, and administration of the entire project across the full project lifecycle, including reporting, staffing.
The qualified candidate will have excellent communication skills, especially with different stake holders, and will be able to independently plan, organize and control the activities of multiple, large scale, cross functional project teams.
• Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices
• Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
• Guiding the team on self-organizing
• Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
• Providing all support to the team and leading by example
Job Level Specific Duties
• Execute scrum of scrums in collaboration with vendors, customer and other key stakeholders
• Primary project contact for customer, vendor and different practices.
• Deliverable acceptance and sign-off ensuring conformity to contractual requirements.
• Resolving client complaints, reviewing project progress against plan. Integration with different teams involved.
• Plan, arrange for weekly status meeting, report progress to client and manage migration issues.
• Ensures consistent execution of project management practices, governance standards, processes and metrics.
• Provide formalized, continuing work direction and leadership to assigned project team(s), including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts.
• Monitor project milestones and critical dates to identify potential jeopardy of project schedule.
• Proactively assess project variances and provide Risk Management
• Manages the identification, resolution and escalation of project risks and issues.
Typical Years of Experience:
• Typically requires 8-10 years relevant experience.
Minimum Education and Certifications:
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Excellent understanding of IT Project Management, Agile scrum principles and techniques.
• Demonstrates strong proficiency in the specific tools that are available and required
• Strong ability to identify, develop and quantify any required corrective action plans.
• Strong ability to ensure that effective project controls are in place to monitor project or program performance.
• Strong capability at providing effective performance reporting for the customer and company in order to monitor the progress of the project.
• Excellent facilitation and communication skills.